Saturday 5 April 2008

Tomatoes and other seeds












I potted on my Micro and Tiny Tim Tomatoes today into 5" pots. They were all sown on 3 February and the Micros have about four trusses each and one even has its first flower. The first trusses are just beginning to develop on the Tiny Tims. I will be keeping them inside for a few more weeks before moving them into the mini greenhouse and eventually outside.

Window sill space is at a premium now so once again I've made a simple shelf to accommodate more seeds. I sowed a couple of seeds each of Cucumber Crystal Lemon and Burpless Tasty Green (as both have performed well for me in the past), some Basil Sweet Genovase, Everlasting Sweet Peas, Black Millet and Lady's Bedstraw.
Tomorrow I'll be tacking the job of potting on all last year's cuttings which are in the mini greenhouse and weather permitting sowing a few annuals direct.
Georgie



No comments: