Sunday 13 April 2008

April Showers


My first task today was to pot on some Pelargonium cuttings, Fuchsia cuttings and Parsley plants (grown from seed last year) into 5" pots. I'd no sooner taken them out of the greenhouse and given them a good soaking when the sky went very black. So I had to ferry everything indoors whilst it poured down for about an hour. Then the sun came out so I took everything back out and rearranged the pots so that the Pelargoniums pretty much fill the top shelf of the main greenhouse (along with the two Pineapple Sage plants and the spare Lychnis plants) whilst the Parsley and Fuchsia plants were moved to the 'overflow' greenhouse which is in partial shade.
I was going to tackle the Alchemilla Mollis plant next. This poor thing has been in the same pot for about three years and it's looking very sorry for itself. However there appears to be some offsets around the rim so I was going to try and detach them and pot them up. But it started to rain heavily again and I was forced back indoors.
So I turned my attention to the plants on the kitchen window sill. The Tomatoes, Chillies and Physalis are all romping away and I gave them a feed of diluted seaweed solution. Once they are in their final pots they will get slow release organic food for pot grown plants and a foliar spray of seaweed solution every few weeks and that's all.
It was good to see that the Hyssop and Swan River Daisy seeds sown on 8 April have germinated but goodness the seedlings are tiny. Fortunately I sowed them very thinly so they will be easy enough to prick out when they are big enough to handle.
Georgie

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tallulah said...

It's been a very busy weekend in that Little London Garden by the look of things, Georgie!

Don't forget to provide updates on the froglings, but I guess you'll still be looking at spawn for a couple of weeks yet...

Lovely photos as ever!

Tal x