Monday 21 April 2008

Design Challenge


I haven't mentioned this before but last year I was lucky enough to win the Shoot People's Gardening Award gold medal for garden design and prize money of £1,000 in gardening vouchers. (The site can be found at http://www.shootgardening.co.uk )
Since then - naturally I shared my tale of good fortune - I've found that lots of people have been asking for my advice which is a bit daunting for a relatively novice gardener. Only yesterday a friend wanted advice on planting up window boxes that look attractive, smell nice and provide useful edible plants. I've emailed my suggestions to him today and I hope they give him some useful ideas.
And now it's confession time. I mentioned that I was worried about the white markings on the leaves of my Chilli Trifetti. Well it turns out it has variegated leaves, something I should have realised if I'd read the description properly! We live and learn.
Georgie

1 comment:

john said...

What a wonderful garden G,and well done on the gold award.its hard to believe your a relative novice gardener,so much crammed into a small garden, and even a place for wildlife.