Friday 11 April 2008

Seeds and Seedlings


The Cucumber and Basil seeds I sowed on Saturday have germinated. This is great news of course but will present a problem when they need pricking out because the kitchen window sill and shelf are already full. I think the only option will be to move the Tomatoes into the mini greenhouse but they should be fine. Fortunately most (but not all) of my remaining seeds can be sown direct or in the greenhouse either at the end of this month or in May. On the edibles side I'll be sowing Radish, Greek Cress, Broad Beans, Lemon Grass and Richmond Green Apple Cucumber tomorrow.

I spoke too soon about the little Heliotrope seedlings I moved into the greenhouse. I lost two out of five to slugs/snails so I've moved the seedlings to the other mini greenhouse in the hope of fooling them! Another problem has been aphids on my Fuchsia cuttings. I've been picking them off where I can but had to resort to a soft soap solution for the worst affected.

Georgie

No comments: