Monday 28 April 2008

Start them young!



This is my 13 month old granddaughter who takes a great interest in all my flowers. I'm hoping that she'll follow my love of gardening and I'm certain that she'll enjoy all the edibles I'm growing for her this year.

I've pricked out the Basil and Agastache seedlings and potted on the Cucumbers and remaining Chillies into 5" pots. As predicted I've run out of room on the kitchen window sill so the Tomato Micro plants have been moved to the greenhouse and I'll start hardening off Tomato Tiny Tim soon. The latter have reached the top of the window sill so are currently standing on the work surface.

I had a sprinking of Greek Cress tonight in a cheese sandwich. I've been growing it for a year or so now and to my mind it is far superior to the usual Cress. And if you leave one or two plants to mature they flower and set seed. So you never need to buy any again.

Georgie

1 comment:

Flo said...

Tee hee ... I hope the little lady is issuing her planting instructions!! Lol

Love your garden G are you open to the public?!! Your spectabilis is bigger than mine!

Be sure to keep me a varigated chilli seed, I'll swap you one of mine!