Saturday 19 April 2008

Miserable weather


It's been cold and wet today and not condusive to pottering. So all I managed to do in the garden was to move some of the pots of spring bulbs which have finished flowering, replacing them with pots of Lilies which are coming on nicely with lots of glossy foliage.
Indoors, some things are doing really well whereas others are slow or on the leggy side. On the plus side the Tomatoes Micro (pictured) are flowering profusely and there are trusses developing on Tomato Tiny Tim. Chilli Sicily and the yellow one (name unknown) are developing nicely in their 5" pots. Chilli Thai Hot is still tiny but looking well and all three varieties of cucumber are developing their first true leaves. The Basil seedlings are looking strong and the Lemon Grass has germinated.
On the other hand I am very disappointed with my Physalis. The pineapple variety I was so pleased with last year is looking quite spindly and the violet variety I was trying for the first time grew tall and leggy with very little root growth and I had to throw it away. I'm sure it's because it's been so much colder this spring than last year.
I'm also a bit concerned about Chilli Trifetti. Both plants are developing well but a number of the leaves have white patches on them. I don't think it's a mineral deficiency and there is no sign of pests so I'm assuming it's leaf scorch although I can't think how it happened. I'll keep a close eye on them.
Georgie

No comments: