Sunday 25 May 2008

Rain today


Yesterday I rearranged the pots in the shady border. The Aquilegia McKana's Hybrids had opened and were clashing horribly with the pastel shades of the Aquilegia Vulgaris in the sunny border. So I moved them further down swapping them with the Dicentra Formosa: the new combination is much more pleasing to the eye. This is the beauty of growing things in pots as mistakes can easily be rectified.
We've had rain over night and most of the morning and everything seems to have shot up again - it was very much needed. I've pricked out the Coriander, Sunflowers and Pennisetum alopecuroides and potted on three Pelargonium Quercifolium cuttings I'm growing for a friend. The Milk Thistle and Tree Spinach seeds have germinated but I still have about half a dozen pots of seeds that are doing nothing.
The photo is of my Tomatoes Micro. I've hardened off the two Chilli Sicily plants now but I'll keep the other four Chilli plants (all of which have buds or flowers) on the kitchen windowsill because they are shorter varieties and quite decorative. I still haven't sown my Beans, Peas and Beetroot but there's still time.
Georgie

No comments: