Tuesday 27 May 2008

A quick note



This is my smallest Chilli, Thai Hot. The flower buds have started to open today and they are tiny compared to other Chilli varieties I grow. I got the seeds from a ripe fruit which had fallen from a plant at a garden I visited last year. If my plant turns out anything like theirs I will be delighted. It was covered in fruits and looked so attractive. Here's hoping.
A wander down the garden this evening revealed that most things have benefitted from the deluge of the last couple of days. Thankfully there is very little sign of any slug or snail damage - after three years of organic gardening could it be that the eco balance is now about right? - and there are some nice buds on the Digitalis purperea 'Tinkerbell'. The bees will be pleased when they open.
Georgie


No comments: