Wednesday 21 May 2008

Close encounters


This is Pelargonium Candy Dancer - a bee magnet with wonderful rose scented leaves. All these plants are from cuttings taken from the parent plant last year. I love it.
As I bent down to pull out a few weeds today I heard a rustling in the Ivy. I stood up to take a closer look and a small bird flew out, inches above my head. It was too quick to identify but a little later a Blue Tit landed on the Jasmine about three feet from where I was standing so I'm hoping that it's this bird which is nesting in my garden. I've made sure the bird feeders are well stocked so here's hoping.
I've potted on the Borage, Chilli Sicily, Heliotrope and zonal Pelargoniums and pricked out the Ipomoea 'alba' into a 12" pot which I've covered with a bell cloche. And I picked my first Radish of the season - the very reliable Scarlet Globe - it was delicious.
Georgie

No comments: