Sunday 4 May 2008

More seed sowing


The Aquilegias grown from seed last year are still not fully out and they're not blue either! They are also much taller than I'd anticipated and hence look a bit odd at the front of the border. Never mind, I'll enjoy the flowers whilst they last and dig them up then they've finished. I've certainly got plenty of other plants to take their place.

Today I sowed Basil Purple Raffles, Borage, Coriander, Greek Cress, Liquorice, Physalis Tomatillo Violet (again), Mustard, Calendula, Sunflower and three types of ornamental grasses. I'm not sure where I'm going to grow most of these yet but I'll squeeze them in somewhere. That just leaves the Peas, Beans, Beetroot, Ipomoea and Nasturtiums to sow. Every year I say I'll cut down and every year I end up growing more!

Georgie



No comments: