Monday 30 June 2008

Bargains



This is Lily Emporium, the second of my Lilies to flower this year. It's not scented, but I love the markings. I have a number of Oriental Lilies which are not far behind and they are scented, so I can't wait. In the meantime I have the Jasmine and the Freesias to keep me going!

My Alpine Strawberries are flowering now which is good news and the first fruits are setting on my Chilli Thai Hot. I picked three Micro Tomatoes today which were tasty, but not as good as Tiny Tim in my opinion. I also picked the first Spring Onion of the season - just the one so far - so it's lucky I have plenty of chives to add a bit of bite to my salads.

I've potted on the Tree Spinach and Bronze Fennel and put Blue Fescue and Milk Thistle in some swanky pots I picked up for half price at the nursery. I also bought a lovely little white Thunbergia - a good size with plenty of buds and only 50p - to grow up the obelisk in the sunny border as the Tweedia was looking pathetic.

What a good day.

Georgie

No comments: