Saturday 28 June 2008

Lovely day


It's been a mainly dry, warm and windy week and everything in the garden is looking parched. I watered every pot this evening really thoroughly and I gave the border area housing the recent plantings of Agastache, Basil Purple Ruffles, Fuchsia Hawkshead, Nasturtiums and Nicotiana a good soaking too.
In flower since I last wrote are Fressia, Fuchsia Swingtime (pictured), Fuchsia Rocket Fire, Honesty, Lily Emporium and Vinca minor. In bud are Agapanthus Lilliput, Crocosmia, Fuchsia Carmel Blue, Galtonia viridiflora and Nicotiana Affinis White.
On the edibles front I'm still picking strawberries and I've had two ripe Tomatoes (Tiny Tim) so far. There are buds on my Raspberries and I noticed a few tiny Cucumbers on Crystal Lemon and Burpless Tasty Green. There are lots of small purple Chillies on Trifetti and the Physallis are covered in flowers.
My herbs are doing really well this year, even my mint, which I usually struggle with. I let the herbs flower to attract beneficial insects and currently have Parsley, Par-cel, Sage, Thyme and Chives in flower and Garlic Chives and Catnip in bud.
Georgie

No comments: