Sunday 15 June 2008

Tadpoles and new additions


I said I'd try and get a new picture of my tadpoles. Unfortunately I had to move the pond weed to expose them which agitated the silt at the bottom of the water feature resulting in this somewhat murky picture. But you should be able to make out about a dozen tadpoles if you look closely.
The weather was lovely here and I went to my favourite local nursery for a wander around. Needless to say I couldn't help myself and I bought two Fuchsia Alice Hoffman and a large Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty' (Purple Elder) for the shady border. It has musk scented pink flowers followed by purple-black berries in the autumn. They didn't have a Cercis Canadensis Forest Pansy though (a plant I much admired on my visit to Bridge End Gardens in Saffron Walden last weekend) so that's still on my wish list.
Georgie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tadpoles are looking good G. I hope they stick around once they have turned into frogs. You won't have many slugs around then!

Jo.