Monday 2 June 2008

Growing edibles in pots


I've organised my edibles plot for the year. I have:

Two half barrels of French climbing Beans (Basil to be added)
One half barrel with three Cucumbers and Calendula
Two pots of Garlic Chives and one of Chives
Three pots of Tomato Tiny Tim
Five pots of Parsley
Two pots of Chilli Sicily
Three pots of Physallis Pineapple
Six pots of Strawberries
Elsewhere in the garden I'm also growing Raspberries, Par-cel, Broad Beans, Radishes, Spring Onions and a variety of herbs and I've still got to find space for the dwarf Runner Beans, Peas and Beetroot!
The first flowers on my Lychnis versuvius, Hebe and Dutch Iris opened over the weekend and today I saw my first Red Admiral butterfly of the year. I've noticed a number of unusual spiders in the garden too so I am looking for a good website to help identify them.
Georgie

No comments: