Saturday 7 June 2008

Alliums and other bloomers


The Allium Cristophii is looking good this year and since I last wrote my Lily Lollipop, Evening Primrose, Ox-eye Daisy and Verbena Bonariensis have all started to flower.
As predicted the Chill Trifetti have grown too tall for the kitchen windowsill so I've had to squeeze them into the veg plot. The Tomatoes are going a much lighter green so hopefully it won't be long before the first one starts turning red.
The garden contines to be buzzing with bees but maddeningly they are mainly on the Sage, Alliums, Aquilegias and Pelargoniums near the house i.e. not on the veg pots. I have seen few on the Chive flowers but I really want them to work on the Cucumbers which have just started flowering. Perhaps other insects will do the job for me.
Every one of the climbing Nasturtiums I sowed have germinated which is good. The bad news is that two out of three of the Agastache plants have been attacked by something, most likely snails. One isn't too bad but the other has had the whole top growth eaten away. Thankfully I have a spare in the greenhouse.
Georgie

No comments: