Sunday 6 July 2008

Between the showers


Well today we have had some much needed rain but I have managed to squeeze in a few jobs between the showers. I took a few photographs including this one of Fuchsia Royal Mosaic which was one of my free plug plants from J Parkers. They are not a company I would normally use but the free offer (not even any P&P to pay) was too good to miss. All three plants are doing well.
I've had to reorganise the veg pots because some things like the Physallis are trying to take over the garden! With a bit of juggling around I've managed to give them a bit more room and moving things around afforded me the opportunity for a bit of tidying up, tying in and dead leaf removal.
The Hyssop, Purple Basil, Cuckoo Flower and Swan River Daisies were all potted on into 5" pots and I pricked out the seedlings of the ornamental grass, Eragrostis.
I'm still waiting for my oriental Lilies to flower but in the meantime the garden is full of the heady scent of Jasmine and (when you get close to them) Freesias.
Georgie

No comments: