Thursday 17 July 2008

Scented Lilies now in bloom


The first of my scented Lilies are flowering. The one pictured is 'White Heaven', which I bought last year, and the other one out is 'Nipon'. Also out this week are blue Laurentia, Garlic Chives and Fuchsia Carmel Blue. It's all looking very colourful.

The garden is still full of bees who are enjoying the Jasmine, Lavender and Fuchsias in particular. I've spotted on painted lady butterfly and a few small and large whites but no other species. There are plenty of hoverflies around too, but precious few ladybirds.

I'm picking a few Tomatoes each day, still getting the odd Strawberry and the Chillies are getting bigger with a number now ripe. The Cucumbers are very slow and there is no sign of any ripe Physallis fruits yet. The French Beans are climbing well but there is no sign of any flowers yet. Nearly all of the herbs continue to flourish with the exception of Basil Purple Ruffles which remains tiny and weak looking.

The Wallflower seeds I planted at the weekend have germinated already so they'll need pricking out soon. I must check through my seed boxes because I'm sure there are other things I should have sown but have forgotten about!

Georgie



No comments: