Sunday 20 July 2008

Sunshine and showers


I've spent a lot of time in the garden this weekend but I don't feel that I've achieved very much. These are my first ripe Chillies of the season and I've been nibbling Tomatoes as I pottered. I planted out a few more Basil Purple Ruffles plants into the sunny border to replace the Garlic Mustard which had run to seed. I potted up the Tree Spinach into 10" pots and sowed more Spring Onions, Greek Cress and Radish.
I cut the lawn and tidied up the edges and did a fair bit of pruning back and dead-heading. I collected seeds from Honesty, Chives, Hesperis, Garlic Mustard and Aquilegia, sowing some for myself and saving the rest for seed swaps. I also sowed some more Lady's Bedstraw and Arnica as there was no sign of germination from the seeds sown in May.
Georgie

No comments: