Saturday 26 July 2008

Everything's looking good


This is a close up of the herb Tree Spinach, which I just adore for the vibrant colour of the new leaves. My Thyme, Oregano, Pennyroyal and Basil are all now in flower and there are buds on the Milk Thistle and Mint.
I pricked out the Wallflowers today - very sturdy little seeds - and sowed two more types of Aquilegia and Chives. I had my own Tomatoes and Spring Onions with my lunch and picked my first ripe Alpine Strawberry of the season - delicious.
There are lovely fat buds on my Fuchsia Happy Wedding Day and since I last wrote Galtonia candicans, Silene Jack Flash, Crocosmia George Davidson, Cala Lily, Heliotrope Hybrid Marine and Lily Arena have all come into flower.
I moved some of the pots around again today to make a bit more room and try out different combinations. For example the Freesias had finished so these were replaced with pots of Heliotrope, whose dark leaves and deep purple flowers look good in front of the lighter green foliage of the Agapantus and Galtonia.
Georgie

No comments: