Friday 11 July 2008

Chillies etc


I am so pleased with my Chillies this year. Pictured is a close up of 'Thai Hot' which I am growing on the kitchen windowsill alongside a yellow one, variety unknown, which has three fruits ripening. In the garden, 'Trifetti' and 'Sicily' are also thriving and producing lots of fruit. We've had a lot of rain this week but not much sunshine so whilst the other edibles are coming along nicely, ripening is taking longer than expected. So I'm only picking the odd few Strawberries and Tomatoes at the moment and the Cucumbers are still tiny.
I've got Agapanthus, Galtonia Viridiflora, Nicotiana and Borage in flower and new into bud this week are Nasturtium Milkmaid, Heliotrope and Laurentia. My Oriental Lilies are still not out, nor is Fuchsia Carmel Blue or Crocosmia George Davidson. The Jasmine still smells gorgeous every night though, so that sees me through.
Georgie

No comments: