Sunday 22 March 2009

A Happy Mothering Sunday


Another beautiful day here and I was in the garden at 8 o'clock. I planted the marginals into baskets and managed to get them into the pond without disturbing the frogspawn. The Marsh Marigold (Caltha Palustris) is in the foreground by the pond. I'm doubting now that I will have room for the floater, Water Soldier (Stratiotes Aloides), but I'll see how it goes.
The Lily of the Valley must have heard me yesterday because today when I looked there were quite a few shoots emerging from the compost. I am so relieved as they were sent to me by a friend.
I didn't get the Parsley planted out as planned because I spent hours potting up various plants into 10 and 12 inch pots and top dressing the ones already in their final containers. After about six hours out there - only stopping for half an hour or so when my daughter arrived with a lovely card and bouquet of flowers - I'm so stiff now I can hardly move. Time for a long soak in the bath I think.
Georgie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pond's looking good. Just need that frogspawn to turn into tadpoles now :-)

Jo.

Anonymous said...

That's looking really good!
I'm sure that the pondlife will much appreciate what you've done for them, and reward you by making good use of it.
Have a good week! xx