Friday 3 October 2008

No gardening, just thinking ahead


The picture is of the top end of my sunny border which I struggle to keep looking good. The problem is that at the back there are all sorts of old roots which I can't get out due to lack of space and the fence means it's in rain shadow. The Nicotiana has managed to thrive somehow but the climbing Nasturtiums I sowed behind it did nothing. And let's face it if Nasturtiums won't survive, it's an uphill battle. So next year I'm going to try Centratherum, watch this space.
I've had a good sort out of my seeds and will be sowing Calendula, Parsley and Garlic Mustard tomorrow. I've also received my first seed order for next year. This includes climbers Thunbergia fragrens, Passiflora edulis and Clitoria ternatea and flowers Asclepias incarnata, Heliotrope 'Marine' and French Marigold 'Hero'.
Georgie

No comments: