Sunday 12 October 2008

A few more jobs done


This is part of the patio area showing the pots I made up yesterday. In the background between the Box plants the Heliotrope is still going strong and Blue Fescue grasses either side complete the arrangement. The Cyclamen in the front are plants I managed to keep from last year.
I started the day sowing seeds of Garlic Mustard, Parsley, Cyclamen, French Marigolds and Agapanthus. I pricked out the Dianthus and Aquilegia seedlings and these will be over-wintered in the greenhouse. I potted on two lots of ornamental grasses, Eragrostis Spectabilis and Pennisetum, and planted the remaining Violas, Carex and Tete a Tete.
The only thing remaining to plant this year are the Allium Purple Sensation bulbs and I still haven't got space for them in the border. I'll also need to find some plants to put in the window box to replace the Pelargoniums when the temperature drops. I was going to use the pansies but I ran out. Oh well, looks like another trip to the nursery beckons!
Georgie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Georgie! I've been reading through all your entries and looking at all your lovely photos from your first post!
I'm just a tiny bit envious as I don't have a garden although I do have my allotment which is just a few minutes walk from home.
I've added you to my Lawn loungers blog list and will stop by regularly from now on.
Happy gardening,Flighty! xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Flighty. My, it must have been a very slow day in your neck of the woods! Thank you for your kind comments and for adding me to your blog list. I promise to take a look at your site soon.

G x

Anonymous said...

I should have said that I've reading all your entries over the past couple of weeks!
Feel free to stop by Flighty's plot any time as you'll always get a warm welcome. xx