Saturday 6 September 2008

Sunflowers but little sunshine


Despite the lack of sunshine most things in the garden continue to thrive. This is the first of my Sunflowers to come out. It's a dwarf one at only 4' tall but I think it's ideal in the 'wild' area of the garden and I hope the birds will enjoy the seeds.
I am harvesting so many Physalis and Cucumbers now I'm having to give them away! And considering I'm only growing three of each plant I'm getting an excellent return. I'll certainly grow both again next year. I'll also be growing more Strawberries, Raspberries, Chillies, Micro Tomatoes and Spring Onions in 2009, along with Watercress and a variety of herbs. That's more than enough for my tiny plot (and I have all the seeds already) but no doubt something else will take my fancy and I won't be able to resist giving it a try. For instance I'm taking part in a seed swap soon and I'm hoping to get a couple of courgette seeds. The last ones I was given failed to germinate but I'd like to have another go. On the other hand I will not be growing dwarf Broad Beans or French climbing Beans as both failed miserably this year.
Georgie

No comments: