Saturday 13 September 2008

Glorious Afternoon


After a cold and damp start the sun came out this afternoon and it's been glorious. I started in the front garden cutting back the Pyracantha, Lavender, Rosemary and Choisia, all of which had grown out of hand with the recent rain. I also weeded the driveway - a back-breaking and pretty much thankless task - before I sat down for breather in the sunshine.
I moved into the back garden to harvest more Raspberries, Chillies, Physallis and Tomatoes and gather seeds of Garlic Chives and Mustard. All the Sunflowers are out now and the first Toad Lilies and one of my Cyclamen are also flowering. Then joy of joys I spotted a Red Admiral and Comma butterfly on the Verbena Bonariensis. I took a few snaps but they refused to pose for me and were too high up anyway.
The photo is of my ripening Passiflora fruits. Strung across the garden on wires they make a nice splash of colour over the shady corner housing the Fatsia, Ferns, Arum and Fennel.
Georgie

No comments: