Tuesday 26 August 2008

Happy Wedding Day


Well the Fuchsia plant did us proud - opening to order - and it was indeed a happy wedding day: the sun shone and a good time was had by all.
Yesterday I took lots of Pelargonium and Fuchsia cuttings and potted on my Licqorice plant which at long last seems to have taken off. I've started harvesting Physallis, Tomato and Chilli seeds and I'm going to try saving my own Cucumber seeds this year as well.
On the flower front my Toad Lily and Gladiolus Callianthus are in bud and the first of the dwarf Sunflowers is just beginning to open. I have some fantastic looking seed pods on the Tweedia and the fruits on the Passiflora are just beginning to ripen.
I'm still getting a good harvest from my salad and fruit plants and I've started to think about what to grow (and what not to grow) next year. More about this when I've drawn up my plans.
Georgie

1 comment:

Simon said...

Wow, your garden looks fantastic - so much variety