Sunday 25 October 2009

Withdrawal symptoms


This photo was taken on 11 October, the last time I did anything remotely garden related! We went for a walk in Hilly Fields (which is about ten minutes walk from our house) and I took a number of photos of the glorious trees which at the time were just beginning to take on their autumn hues. It was a beautiful afternoon.
The reason I haven't been gardening is because I've had the dreaded 'flu. I don't know if it was related but it started with my neck seizing up on 15 October, a cold over that weekend and then all sorts of nasty symptoms leading to me being prescribed Tamiflu last Tuesday. It's not the worst 'flu I've ever had but it has meant that I've had very little energy and even 'though the worst of it is now over I'm still feeling weak. I walked around the garden yesterday for the first time since I'd been ill but I had to come in after ten minutes as I felt quite wobbly. And it was the same today. I never thought I'd be so worn out after dead-heading a few Pansies!
In my absence the lawn has grown a good 15cm, there are leaves that need raking up, spring bulbs are still waiting to be planted and the bird feeders are on the low side. But it's all going to have to wait a while until I get my strength back. Perhaps the Pineapple Sage which I noticed is in bud will be the fillip I need to get me back out there and on the road to recovery. I do hope so.
Georgie

3 comments:

Flighty said...

Lovely photo! I'm sorry that you've not been too well lately and hope that you're now feeling better.
It must be so annoying not even being able to have a potter!
Take care! xx

Jo said...

It sounds like you've had a proper dose of it. Hope you're now on the road to recovery, and take things easy, it does take time to get your strength back.

Carole said...

Thanks both. I'm beginning to feel better but still not fully fit. It's driving me mad!