Saturday 22 August 2009

Super harvest time


This was my harvest a few days back and I've been picking pretty much the same amount every other day with the exception of the ridge Cucumbers which are much slower than the crystal lemon varieties. I've also been picking quite a few Raspberries but these never make it as far as the kitchen!
Apart from harvesting, my time in the garden at the moment is dedicated mainly to watering, dead-heading and cutting back. My Primroses and Buddleia are enjoying a second flush of flowers and rather late in the year, the Allium tuberosum is now out.
So there's not a lot to keep me occupied which is why I've taken up playing Farm Ville on Facebook. It's a bit of fun but rather addictive - so it's just as well I've only just discovered the game now I reckon!
Georgie

4 comments:

Jo said...

My container grown raspberries have a few berries on them, not quite ready yet, but I'm going to plant them out at the allotment next year.
Your tomatoes are producing quicker than mine if you're getting that amount every couple of days. I have plenty of fruit on the plants, but they're being stubborn and staying mostly green.

Carole said...

Hi Jo

Have you tried putting banana skins around the Tomatoes? I've read it helps them ripen. :)

G x

Flighty said...

Good looking tomatoes! I'm the same with my raspberries as I figure that there's never enough to bring home, unlike the blackberries.
This a great time of year to harvest and eat what we've grown. It's all so satisfying! xx

Jo said...

I'd heard about using banana skins, but I've pinched out the growing tips this week. This is supposed to make the plant put it's enery into ripening the fruit instead of growing. I'll see if this helps.