Sunday 7 March 2010

Wish I could do some gardening


For the first time this year, the weather has been clement for a few days on the trot and the garden is drying out a bit. Ideal gardening weather then, but sadly I haven't been able to get out there due to a virus which has made me incredibly tired. All I've done is keep the bird feeders topped up and made regular checks of the pond to see if there is any frogspawn: there isn't yet. I also took a few photos of spring flowers including this Primrose.
Apart from the Primrose, the other things out at the moment are Snowdrops, Pansies and Crocus with some of the early Narcissi buds beginning to show some colour. There are plenty of other signs that spring is just around the corner too with fat buds on many of the deciduous shrubs and new leaves on some of the perennials such as Aquilegia, Verbena, Fuchsias, Dicentra and Tradescantia to name just a few.
I haven't sown one seed yet! But now the days are getting longer and brighter I must get around to sowing Tomatoes, Chillies, Physallis and Sweet Peas as soon as I have the energy. Hopefully that won't be too long away.
Georgie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! It's been nice but still rather cold out, although I guess that your garden is sheltered from the wind.
I hope that you get better soon and can get gardening again!
Take care, Flighty! xx

Jo said...

Hope you're feeling better. I haven't done much outdoor gardening, but I have sown some seed. I love primroses, I think it's their gorgeous buttermilk colour which does it for me.

Carole said...

Thanks both. I'm feeling a bit brighter today so fingers crossed I'll be back in the swing soon. :)

G x

Eileen said...

Hey Georgie,
Hope you're feeling better. I think we are all keen to get outside in the garden. The weather way up here is improving too, have had a few lovely sunny days and have finally managed to clean greenhouse ready for the seed sowing frenzy !

Take Care

Laura Bloomsbury said...

Hi Georgie

have missed you on Shoot so popped in to your blog. So sorry to hear you've not been feeling up to gardening.

Just to say you've always been an inspiration to my gardening and because of you, I even started my gardening blog this April.
(http://patiopatch.blogspot.com/)

Get Well Soon

Laura x

Red Clover said...

Georgie,

I just wandered up the path from the patio path blog and can I just say that when I scrolled down and saw that picture of your garden, with all the pots lining the grass way, I fell madly in love with it! What a gem! I'll be pleased to look around the rest of your blog.

radha said...

Lovely blog. Why is it not being updated?

Unknown said...

Wow so beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing these with us. Keep sharing..
London Garden Building