Saturday 20 September 2008

Another lovely day


We've had lovely weather again for the last few days and it was good to spend the day in the garden pottering around. The first task, which was well overdue, was to cut and edge the lawn. Then I rearranged some of the pots to make a more balanced display and hide things that have gone over.
Plenty of things are still looking good including the Heliotrope (pictured) which I'm growing for the first time this year. I love the dark foliage and the flowers smell gorgeous so I'll definitely be growing it again. Most of the Fuchsias are still flowering well too although rust has been a problem which I'm putting down to the weather.
The only thing left to come into flower is a Chrysanthemum which I had as house plant and put outside when it had finished flowering indoors. It's got plenty of buds on it so it will be a welcome splash of late colour later this month.
The seed catalogues are starting to drop through the door now so I've started my 'wish list' as I can't resist the temptation! It's not that I need anything but it's fun to try something new.
Georgie

No comments: