Saturday 24 January 2009

Bulbs and other musings


As you can see at long last some of the Snowdrops are nearly open. And looking around the garden today I spotted that the Hyacinths, Crocus, Alliums and some of the Tulips are beginning to poke up above the soil.
In the greenhouse some of the over-wintering half-hardy Fuchsias have leaf buds on them, some of the cuttings have new leaves and the Pelargonium cuttings are doing well.
I continued the (huge) task of cutting back the Jasmine this morning. One more session and I reckon the job will be complete. But whilst it was a lovely sunny morning it's still quite cold so I didn't get any other jobs done. If it's nice tomorrow I'll be out there again, this time cutting the Verbena Bonariensis down to a few inches above the ground and possibly tackling the Buddleias too.
Georgie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to see snowdrops!
The allotments are waterlogged at present so unworkable.
It was a nice day yesterday but I don't think that today will be! xx

Carole said...

It's been raining most of the night here and has only just stopped. So much for my plans, the garden will be far too wet to work in.

G x

Anonymous said...

I've got some tulips just poking through too.

The weather has really warmed up over the last couple of days here in the north.

Jo.
xxx