Monday 29 December 2008

Withdrawal symptoms


I haven't done anything in the garden since I last posted mainly because it's been too cold but also due to lots of visitors over the festive period. Why do they always come on the best gardening days?
The picture shows the rearranged patio with the new Skimmias in front of the scented Pelargoniums. The plants are well protected and shaded by the Jasmine above.
For Christmas I was given two pots of Narcissi - Paper White and Tete a Tete - to grow indoors. So I've planted them up and I'm looking forward to them scenting the kitchen in about 6 weeks or so. I also got a wooden seed box, more seeds (!) and a handy soil thermometer. But by far the best present was a new digital camera. I've not taken it outside yet but I'm looking forward to trying out the macro mode for close ups of flowers.
Results of my efforts to follow.
Georgie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific photo! As you say it's been way too cold to do anything!
Lucky you getting a new camera. I look forward to seeing plenty of good photos.
Take care, stay warm and Happy New Year! xx

Carole said...

Cheers Flighty and Happy New Year to you too. I started playing with the camera today but it was bitter out there so I didn't stay out long. Posted a few on A4A.

G x

Anonymous said...

Last photo - Celery as a fragrant plant? Love it!!

= Tim

Carole said...

Hi Tim, thanks for leaving a comment. Do you think I could market it as a perfume?

G x

Anonymous said...

I haven't been out in the garden for ages, it's way too cold here up north!

I'm looking forward to the coming growing season though. Still no word on the lottie, don't think I'll get one this year.

The Skimmia's look good in your patio display.

Jo.
xxx

Carole said...

Hi Jo, sorry to hear that there is no news on your plot. Those Skimmias are 'Kew Green' and I love the colour. I've never grown them before but reading up on them they certainly have promise. :)

G x